Sunday 14 October 2012

Reply...What do you recommend youth players do if their team gets relegated?”

In reply to Jason Devos's blog post click to read reply, "What do you recommend youth players do if their team gets relegated?”

As I replied to the post a lot of questions came up, even as I read one of the other comments too the complexity is deep. I realized how in depth and complicated a perceived simple decision could impact a youth soccer players future growth. Reflecting back on the decision I've made based on wanting my daughter to take up soccer and be the best she can be. I'm not going to tell that story right now, however parents with kids before post LTPD (Long Term Player Development) I tip my hat off to them. They had to trust and fork over $$$dollars into a youth development system that had no accountability and was full of favoritism. Favoritism will always exist however it will be harder to be at the account of a youth player's development drive and talent. 

Are there grass roots soccer complexities that I'm not seeing? I would love to here from people on what they are seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment